Friday, May 17, 2013

Clay Pots


Day is Dimming
Brooke Fraser

The day is dimming and I'm yearning for You
I won't be satisfied, till I see your face
every victory, every loss
every tick and every cross
You can put them all in place
It seems I'm finding more of `why`
in these moments
I feel like I'm made to sing of how good You are
The more the years swell by and pass
each second more than the last

It's true by far;

That no profound thought or clever rhyme
no soaring grand melodic line
no theory, philosophy or sign
can explain it 
can explain;
 Where you are, I want to be
It's your love that has changed me
I'd give the world and all its' charms
For a moment in Your arms
Better is one day with You
than a thousand elsewhere
a thousand elsewhere'

***

'The God who said "Out of the darkness the light shall shine!"
Is the same God, who made his light shine in our hearts,
to bring us the knowledge of God's glory shining in the face of Christ.
Yet we who have this spiritual treasure are like common clay pots, 
in order to show that the 
supreme power belongs to God not us'

2 Corinthians 4:6-7
GNT